STORY: Promoted: Join our UK team as Regional Sales Manager
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over.
Opportunities have arisen for two Regional Sales Managers based in the UK. You will be home based and reside on the area with the requirement to manage customers in South West Wales, South West England and the Midlands or Scotland and North East of England. Occasionally you will also be required stay away overnight and to travel outside of your area (subject to restrictions in relation to Covid-19). This role is part of the Sales department in ADM Milling UK. This team is responsible for maintaining and developing new sales to enhance division and company profits. Responsibilities include but are not limited to managing activities, maintaining sales and developing new sales within a defined customer and prospect base in accordance with set objectives.
- Manage all aspects of customer sales and customer service within a defined customer base and geographical area
- Manage customer selling prices to agreed levels in line with Company objectives
- Gain and maintain ongoing comprehensive knowledge of global and domestic wheat markets to assist with contract negotiations for both existing and prospect accounts
- Key focus on new business development
- Ensure the development and maintenance of good external customer and internal colleague relationships at all times
- Liaise with site/distribution functions to deliver appropriate service levels at lowest cost to company
- Ensure the policies and objectives of the Company are carried out as agreed
- Agree personal goals with the Area Sales Manager on an annual basis and review quarterly
- Ensure the sales information data base and CRM system is updated daily
- Update customer financial records in Enterprise as and when necessary
- Liaise with Credit Control team in relation to customer payment terms/credit limits
- Current driving licence
- Broad commercially based general knowledge of the baking industry / products / applications / competitor profiles / customer and prospect contacts
- Confident and effective in business presentations
- Activity and Sales planning ability
- IT Literate
- Numerate and competent to business standard in written communication
- Advanced sales skills
- Motivational and negotiation skills
- Challenging tasks, short decision-making processes and a high level of personal responsibility in a modern work environment with flexible work time models
- Room for innovative thinking and growth with the possibility to manage your own career path.
- A company culture which promotes continuous learning and diversity.
- Excellent career opportunities in a world leading nutrition company.
- An attractive remuneration including a variety of social benefits like subsidized health & fitness offers.
Learn more about ADM at www.adm.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity at our company. If you feel this job is for you, unlock your potential and apply now online informing us about your earliest possible entry date and salary expectation.