STORY: The Hummingbird Bakery reveals Halloween collection
Freshly baked on-site by The Hummingbird Bakery 'zom-bakers', the spooky designs in the Halloween collection include:
- The Frankenstein Cake, which has chocolate curls for hair and a handmade sugarpaste face, and two layers of fluffy vanilla sponge covered in bright green vanilla buttercream frosting. Priced at £34.95.
- The Chocolate Whoopie Pie features marshmallow Vampire Teeth, and is filled with marshmallow cream cheese. Priced at £3.55 per Whoopie Pie.
- The classic Happy Halloween Cake is a Red Velvet sponge with cream cheese frosting. Red velvet crumbs feature around the base of the cake and the top edge is lined with chocolate skulls, bones and hands. Vegan or gluten-free options are available. Prices start from £40.95.
- With an orange base and covered with iced spiders and bats, the Chocolate Orange Cheesecake is another classic halloween cake to celebrate this year’s festivities. Priced at £40.45.
- The Pumpkin Pie has mixed spice, and is dusted in cinnamon. A big one can be ordered for the whole family. Small Pumpkin Pie starts from £3.50.
- For the cupcake fans, the Halloween selection box features a variety of scary designs. Customers can enjoy a selection of Chocolate, Vanilla and the famous Red Velvet cupcakes decorated with handmade witches legs, skulls with white candy melts. Vegan and gluten-free options are available. Priced at £3.80 for a single cupcake, £21.95 for a 6 cupcake selection box or £25.60 for a 12 mini cupcake selection box.
The Halloween collection launched in store on 1 October.
The Hummingbird Bakery’s latest nationwide collection, ‘At Home Cupcake Decorating Kits’ will also have a Halloween edition, so customers can try out ‘The Hummingbird Swirl’ at home with fun Halloween decorations. Prices start from £23.